Exploring Northamptonshire Discovery Walks take place on alternative Thursday afternoons at 2 pm. The walks are based mainly in East Northamptonshire. The approximate distance of each walk is between 4-5 miles. There is no need to book - just turn up in good time to put on your boots for a prompt departure. Stout shoes and waterproofs recommended and all walkers must be prepared for stiles and rough ground. Dogs must be on a lead throughout the walk.
Walks with in front have pictures of the day. Please enjoy.
Fee per walk is £1.50.
Click here for Summer 2018 walks poster. A brief list is given below.
- 1st February - Nassington
- 15th February - Slipton
- 1st March - Woodnewton, Wych Spinney
- 15th March - Grafton Underwood
- 29th March - Benefield, Bearshank Wood
- 12th April - Barnwell and Wigsthorpe
- 26th April - Southwick, Shortwood
- 10th May - Apethorpe, Glen Miller Memorial
- 24th May - Bulwick, Blatherwycke
- 7th June - Yarwell, Wansford
- 21st June - Great Easton, Bringhurst, Drayton
- 5th July - Woodford, Denford, Ringstead
- 19th July - Blatherwycke, Fineshade Abbey
Further information can be obtained from Sue Payne telephone 01780 782747.
For a list of previous walks please go here.